Sunday, December 29, 2013

Help! I'm being held prisoner!


No, I'm not really being held prisoner....It's as if I'm a prisoner in a strange land, and like all long adventures (count of monte cristo?) there is always a chunk of time spent in bad circumstances, or incarcerated either against one's will, or one is out of money, etc. etc...  I do feel though as if I've acquiesced to have my adventure be a foregone thought because I'm now in Ohio and Ohio was never my first, second, third or any choice on lists of places to live. But then again the plan was always to ride this out and see how it goes, and hopefully it brings me back overseas :-)

It was supposed to be two years in Ohio and then I'd be back in Europe or somewhere overseas with the company I work for.... Two years passed on November 1, 2013 and so I'm getting itchy and ansy...Itchansy I guess.  I want to purge all my stuff save that which will fit in a backpack or on a bike again.

My mind is revolving around thoughts of adventure, specifically winter adventure and bike adventure. I want to go to a place where I can dream again. Where possibilities are limited only by my imagination and the power of positive and purposeful thought.

Partying doesn't hold much interest for me anymore. It could be due to the fact that I'm here in Ohio, or I'm just moving to another phase in life. Or my stomach is all fucked up and I can't really drink much anyways. I've always been a lactard, but now I'm all gluten free and only try to eat veggies or even vegan. Doesn't always happen, but I've been getting back to healthy. Hitting the bars all weekend hasn't helped that, but hey how often you get to hang with two 5'10" good looking sisters and drive them around in your big pimp daddy cadillac. (yes, I own a big pretty blue caddy now that is a fucking spaceship...its ridiculous and thirsty. And no, it's not an old person's cadillac... Its one step down from the V series and it was owned by a caddy executive so it has options it shouldn't have, as in it was $70K new back in 2006 and I bought it a year ago with only 45K miles on it. And I got a sweet deal on it, so I don't feel that bad about owning it...but this is another whole story).

I know I'm going in all directions (surprise!) but here's the revolving door of my mind right now:

Adventure
Bike touring
Seeing a new place in this part of the country every weekend
The arctic or very northerly and rugged places
Weekend trips to friends with $200 or so airfare range or driving distance (Atlanta, Connecticut, Maine, D.C....)
Trip to PDX to see my family of friends I miss so much

So I'm sure no one is following this anymore, but Karl is back....

No comments:

Post a Comment

these comments are probably from people i know...therefore they should be ignored at all costs!!