Saturday, December 4, 2010

about to play a show in durango

Cooking next to the petrified forest. Which is a story in itself. The gates were closing automatically at dusk, so we all climbed in the bus when they were opening for someone and hurried across....we only got to the first area and we were told to go back by three people, but we couldn't turn the bus around! Oh darn...so we had to continue on a ways, but eventually had to turn around. No one wants to mess with AZ cops!
campground, store and "museum" which really means store in these parts. Of course you could go to the other end of the campground and grab all the petrified wood you wanted for free! ahhh commerce!
view to the right from the house we stayed at (15 miles) outside of Durango.
View to the front of the house we stayed in...some really good bouldering !!
the bus has to be plugged in to keep the diesel from gelling during the night. Colorado is wayyyyy warmer than Northern Arizona, at least at night...it's not 8 friggin degrees!

And now for the update!

Michael's on the pots cookin up a storm of some white chili and other goodies. I snuck away to find my lost debit card...found it in one of my pockets, so thought I'd update everyone real quick and recharge my computer.

So we've stayed in durango for two days. Typical to my previous experiences with colorado, everyone is smoking a ton and drinking lots. I've only participated in the latter but enough to satisfy both camps. Yes, it was a "frosty" morning yesterday which speaks nothing of the temperature. We started with $2 pint night (guiness!) and moved on to $2 everything night (patron silver and then crap cuervo). We met clark kent (real name unknown, and without the superhero alter ego), brandon and mariah (not carey). We sang gypsy songs, I rode an extremely nice full suspension bike around the block. In all pictures my mouth is agape and yelling. we listened to hhh quite a bit, and megan and I crashed on two couches put together. details are hazily vague, and the hangover extreme. I didn't eat food til dinner time. I watched three blah movies, and then during the entertaining fun, weird one called Big Man Japan. Highly weird, I was enjoying it but my...eyes...so...heavy...zzzzz.....I will watch it again someday though!! Tonight we go to "articulation" to play a gig, maybe booming, may be some fire spinning, probably lots of nakedness and lots of fun though! It's funny the place is across from the courthouse and down the street from the cops, but apparently that means that everything is on the level so more insanity can take place!
Here are some pics from the night last night. Also from Durango in general. We're headed for the front range tomorrow! boulder and denver! CANTALOUPE JAYESH AND ROB STONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

these comments are probably from people i know...therefore they should be ignored at all costs!!