Tuesday, November 9, 2010





So this is a good indicator of last night's ridiculousness....I had to buy a new fire extinguisher for the hotel in the morning....

We stayed in san fran at the Green Tortoise last night at the request of the owner, who is an amazingly great guy and his wife is as well. We met them in vallejo at Chris's Club. So at least we got something good out of chris's club!

First the Green Tortoise. They are huge advocates of drinking and partying and overall ridiculousness. They have a basket of condoms at the front desk. The dining room has a stage and a PA system...they feed you, they have $10 massages and a sauna for free. It is like the best party hotel you could ever want. It is officially a hostel though. The only problem was many of the temporary inhabitants and travelers were pretty damn uptight.

The show: we had our first pre show huddle/pass-the whiskey-bottle...Dre is a huge fan of whiskey. We had a new person on the bus...Mikey who could be Kyle Taylors brother...they are very similar!
We played at nine, tons of tech issues with feedback, and their soundguy wasn't around so we did the best we could. They weren't understanding or receptive of the words that Michael was speaking. So we all got naked, but all the audience was just sitting on their ass watching. At one point I stood up (naked of course) on my drum chair and threw a set of drum sticks at the audience...they threw them back...it was fun.
We played well, I had a large vodka and cran that I finished during our set. I think the highlights for me were an impromptu drum solo during a long lull between songs, and definitely the percussion jam starring me on drums, mikey on djembe, and other assorted stomping and singing and drums. ( I can't quite remember).

Post show we sequestered the gear to the side and went ahead and started to tie one on! The rest of the night is hazy but I'll give it a shot.

I stayed naked for quite a while after the show...after slugs of whiskey and another cape codder and hanging out for a while at a table...I knew I was in trouble because I couldn't remember the lyrics or quite handle playing (the very simple) Super theory of supereverything by gogol bordello...uh oh I thought...this will be interesting.

The front desk lady was super cool and made it clear up front that she could not be "entered" at the moment. I thought this was an interesting statement to make right up front before we'd really had any conversation at all, but since I have a gf (whom I miss a lot!) there was to be no drama and we became immediate best friends. After a while I was like "Hey! lets go fuck up the town lady!!" So me, her and Jake headed over to a dive bar down the block...which in san fran is literally "down" the block at like a crazy hill...

After ordering a round at the bar and finding out post-ordering that it's cash only I was a little miffed...because atms have like $3,000 fees in san fran. So I bet the bartender a guiness that if the fee was $3.50 or higher he owed me a beer...if less, then I would buy him a beer...he was a bullshit tough guy and without any sense of humor. I also told him the music sucked and he should change it.

So I zooted across the street to some smoke/bong shop and while using the atm inquired about buying the largest sword they had...but $75 was a little much just to scare the bartender...I tried to just borrow, but apparently people in san fran are pretty inflexible...whatever!

We pushed shit out of the way and dance swing and salsa...And then my memory is hazy. Apparently after that bar closed we went back to the hostel and did cartwheels all the way, in the road, and a I tried to get a cab driver into it...he just wanted to watch though. Again...inflexible people!! I think I screamed a lot too...

We continued the insanity in the ballroom at the dirty tortoise. I dumped a huge box of condoms on the pool table...the night staff was not amused with me...inflexible bastards!

At some point on the way to my room I grabbed a fire extinguisher...its whereabouts are a mystery at this point and in the morning I was told I was caught on camera and had to buy a new one at $62.99...Oh and btw we got up at like 8 am to load the bus and get the fuck out cuz the meter maids were diligent about getting us out of there...I met a french girl that just bought a bike and is cruising all the way to joshua tree...she may meet us up in big sur. We got coffee and croissants. Apparently the croissants met with her approval, as did the coffee, and apparently good bakeries are hard to find in France anymore...wtf is this world coming tooooo!!!!

In big sur now, done setting up, getting a feeling like I'm getting a cold, but I wanted to communicate/remember all I could. Love you all, miss you all.

last.fm has our songs for free as well! http://www.last.fm/music/Holy!+Holy!+Holy!/_/Smash+the+Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment

these comments are probably from people i know...therefore they should be ignored at all costs!!